The two courts at the squash complex was built in memory of Sanjiv Mendis is a donation by Delmege Forsyth & Company. It was declared open by the former President His Excy. J. R. Jayawardene on 27th Jul y 1992. It was renovated and reopened on 03rd May 2003 by the then SSC President Mr. Daya Perera. SSC Squash courts are considered to be one of the best in town for quality and convenience.
Exco Member in charge: Gamini Jayasuriya - Secretary, SSC Badminton. Tel: 0722247109
- There are two (2) squash courts
Squash Court Rules:
- SSC Squash facility is mainly for members and all court reservations must be made by the member him/herself giving specific time and payment up front. NO bookings will be accepted from anyone quoting a member’s number.
- The club will accommodate Schools, Tournaments and other Organizations at its sole discretion. Prior notice will be given to members in such situations.
- Members are requested to observe court times they have paid for. They cannot use the courts outside the booked times even if the courts are vacant. Play now pay later is NOT allowed.
- Members are expected to bring with them the reservation slip/print out of the payment. Show it to the Marker/Security when requested.
- NO fitness training or exercising inside the courts.
- Members/Guests are required to wear non-marking shoes. If not they will not be allowed to enter the courts.
- Members may make reservations over the telephone but they will not be considered ‘firm reservations’ until such time the payment has been received at the security desk. Bookings supported by immediate payment will take precedence over unpaid bookings.
- Confirmed bookings may be cancelled/changed only if due notice is given 24 hours prior to date/time booked. If not, the booking will be treated as cancelled and NO refund of money.
- There are three categories – Member/Member, Member/Guest & Member/Marker. Bookings MUST fall into any one of these categories. The right category must be clearly marked on the ticket and followed. Members must accompany their guests. Under no circumstances will the guests be allowed to use the courts without the member being present in the club premises. Members will be held responsible for their guests’ conduct.
- Presently, the members are allowed to bring trainers as guests only for the purpose of their personal training. There shall be NO training in groups or for total outsiders by such trainers/coaches without the expressed permission of the undersigned.
- Instructions have been issued to the Marker and in his absence the club security to check on any of the above. Please do not argue with them.
- Members are free to write their complaints/suggestions in the register provided for that purpose at the courts.
- Any member who disregard the above rules will be considered as having violated the club rules.
SSC Squash Open Championship which is held in March each year is the biggest tournament in the local squash calendar. It is a Ranking tournament that all the country’s top players take part. Prize money is high. Trophies to winners and runner up and Certificates to all from Semi Finals onwards.SPONSORSHIP OPPORTUNITIES:
- Main Sponsor - Rs. 500,000.00
- Co-Sponsor – Rs. 250,000.00
Open Hours & Charges
- 6 am – 9 pm. with a former age group national player as Marker in attendance.
- Member/Member Rs.350(1 hour), Rs.200(1/2 hour)
- Member/Guest Rs.400(1 hour), Rs.250(1/2 hour)
- Member/Markar Rs.400(1 hour), Rs.250(1/2 hour)
Squash In-house Coaching:
Available at Rs. 1000 per hour. Specially for children and beginners.